A comprehensive multi-year UWA led research project will be conducted, aimed at providing the insights needed to enable the wider introduction of electric vehicles.
The trial has the following research objectives:
- Test realistic fleet usability, given distance, behavioural and range factors
- Full comparative economic study of electric vehicles versus fuel vehicles
- Testing of the first integrated recharging network (smart grid/V2G elements) – generate alternative infrastructure scenarios based on usability and economic analysis
- Testing to what extent distributed high capacity recharging is required and the potential grid impacts thereof
- Provide data points for initial findings on energy policy, transport regulation and vehicle taxation
See also further information on the UWA Renewable Energy Vehicle (REV) Project.